Japanese Language & Culture

Nami Ohara teaches Japanese language and culture to students in St. John's, NL and also around the world via Skype Lessons. This blog is designed to provide Japanese lessons, notes on Japanese culture and lots of other fun Japanese related stuff to enhance the learning experience of Japanese language students everywhere.
Japanese-na Nihongo (Facebook Group)

Friday, November 5, 2010

Amazing Student - Anthony Peterson

Most hard working student - Anthony Peterson

Anthony Peterson is originally from Vancouver. Since graduating from McGill University with an engineering degree, he has worked for a company in Vancouver as a marine structural engineer. He came to Newfoundland to build wharf in Long Harbour. His working schedule is irregular because he has to work when the ocean is low tide. He spends time studying engineering even after work.

Under this situation, plus having to drive from Dildo one hour each way to take lessons, Anthony does the most Japanese homework of all my students.

His Japanese level has rapidly improved because of his huge efforts. He creates time for studying Japanese. He is a great time management person.



Hello,

Aside from my work and studying of Japanese, I enjoy playing hockey, soccer, and ultimate Frisbee. My studying of Japanese is rooted in my enjoyment of manga and anime, as well as the interesting and fantastic history and culture of Japan.

I find learning Japanese more enjoyable that watching TV or playing video games. Also, since I am away from home, it helps to pass the time in a fun and interesting way.

Anthony Peterson

3 comments:

  1. That's really pretty amazing. Good luck with your Japanese studies and with your work. You inspire me to work harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hear you too are a hard worker. Good Luck with your japanese learning and congrats on the Halloween contest win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You`re a really inspiring person, nya! I wish you the best of luck for everything you do, nya, and I`m sure you`ll achieve everything you want to in life, nya! <//D

    By the way, nya... thank you for being a fan of anime and manga, nya. I`m so happy to know that I`m not alone, nya...! :)

    ReplyDelete