Japanese Language & Culture

Nami Ohara teaches Japanese language and culture to students in St. John's, NL and also around the world via Skype Lessons. This blog is designed to provide Japanese lessons, notes on Japanese culture and lots of other fun Japanese related stuff to enhance the learning experience of Japanese language students everywhere.
Japanese-na Nihongo (Facebook Group)

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Testimonial - Japanese Lessons

Nami's student says.....

"A few months ago, I started Japanese lessons with Nami-san over Skype. Before that, I had been learning Japanese for a while on my own, mostly through immersion and a little bit of studying on the side. I'm not at a very high level, but when I started lessons I already knew a fair amount of vocabulary and basic grammar and was already able to understand some of what I was hearing or reading when watching Japanese TV or movies, or listening to music, or reading manga so I wasn't a beginner to start with.

What I couldn't do, however, was speak.

Not because the words weren't there but because every time I'd try, I would just freeze up. Partially because of shyness, but the biggest problem was simply a terrible fear of making mistakes in Japanese.

Not only has my Japanese understanding level improved a lot since I started lessons with Nami-san, it's also much easier to express myself now! I am still a somewhat shy person, but I am so happy to say that I don't freeze up in the same way anymore. Naturally, I still make lots of mistakes - and I've learned to be OK with that! It's a natural part of the learning process, and I have to thank Nami-san for helping me to realize that, and also for bringing me out of my shell by patiently encouraging me to express myself in Japanese! I really enjoy the lessons a lot! Thank you Nami-san!"

Jay in Ontario


No comments:

Post a Comment