Japanese Language & Culture

Nami Ohara teaches Japanese language and culture to students in St. John's, NL and also around the world via Skype Lessons. This blog is designed to provide Japanese lessons, notes on Japanese culture and lots of other fun Japanese related stuff to enhance the learning experience of Japanese language students everywhere.
Japanese-na Nihongo (Facebook Group)

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Kinako Mochi Taste Test

Students tried to eat きな粉餅(きなこもち) which is a rice cake covered with roasted soybean flour.

きな粉餅
きな粉 (Kinako Roasted Soybean Flour)
餅(Mochi: Rice Cake)


Students' Impressions and Comments


Alyshia

It wasn't like anything I've had before, but I'd definitely eat it again.

Zayd
 Unique, but very tasty!


Tiffany
Very powder-ie, but a sweet (not overpowering though). I enjoyed it.

Jordan
 It's definitely a peculiar taste, but I like it nonetheless.


Brandon
Very tasty! It was floury and sweet at the same time, but very sticky too!

Damien
It's not bad. It seems the more I eat it, the more I like it.

Evelina
It is a very strange and interesting sensation that I can probably get used to.


John

 It's surprisingly sweet. The kinako reminds me of a sweet breakfast cereal. The mochi reminds me of a very light touton. So it's like if you rolled something like a touton in sugar. 


 Miranda


Damien


David
It was chewy goodness! Like eating a chewy rice marshmallow.



No comments:

Post a Comment