Japanese Language & Culture

Nami Ohara teaches Japanese language and culture to students in St. John's, NL and also around the world via Skype Lessons. This blog is designed to provide Japanese lessons, notes on Japanese culture and lots of other fun Japanese related stuff to enhance the learning experience of Japanese language students everywhere.
Japanese-na Nihongo (Facebook Group)

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Awards Announcements (2009-2010)

Mousugu Natsuyasumi Ukiuki. I am pleased that everyone worked very hard at learning the Japanese language. Following is a list of awards to outstanding students.


Graduation Award – Alexa
Congratulations on your graduation from high school. Good luck with your studies in Quebec.

Handwriting Excellence Award – Jordan
For always writing very neat Japanese letters.

Best Singer Award – Evelina
For always singing the song of the month with your pretty voice.

Best Homework Award – Stephanie
You studied very well at home.

Best Attendance Award – Tiffany
For super attendance and always being on time.

Best on Time Arrival Award– Brett
In spite of the early Sunday morning, you have always been on time for your class.

Most Multitalented Award – Tom
You succeeded with the International Baccalaureate Program in school and Japanese lessons.

Best Smile & Being Pleasant Award – John H.
You always took Japanese lessons so pleasantly. I like your phrase, “Mousugu Nihon-go no lesson ukiuki.”

Best Cooperation Award – Emma & Diana
Both of you helped each other so much during your lessons.

Most Independent Student Award – Stuart
After school, you walked 30 minutes to my place to take Japanese lessons every week.

Best Manners Award – Jay
Your manners in the Japanese lessons are the best. You are Japanese!

Best Progress Award – John C.
You took lessons twice a week, and made incredible progress during a short time.

Coming Back Award – Daniel & Molly
Welcome back to Japanese lessons!
I look forward to studying with Molly during the summer vacation.
Good luck with your concerts in St. John’s this summer.

Welcome Award – Catherine, Bonnie and Roxann
Welcome to Japanese lessons. I look forward to studying Japanese language and culture with you.

Best Continuous Award – Bobby
We have studied Japanese together for six years. (Stuart has studied with me for four years. Tom has studied Japanese for three years. ) "Persistence is power."

I really appreciate all of my students and your parents’ cooperation with me.

I cannot see some of my students during summer. During your summer vacations, please sometime think of Japanese words and phrases which you have learned. I look forward to your coming back in September.

Some of my students continue Japanese lessons during the summer; I am sure that we will have fun with the lessons.

I have greatly enjoyed providing these lessons for the past six years and look forward to a long future of continuing to share Japanese language and culture with you all.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful summer vacation.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely award, Nami-san. I have enjoyed studying with you and thank you so much for your continued help and support.

    I think you deserve an award, too. Best Japanese Consultant!!! :3

    Let's have fun this summer together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very lovely comment indeed. That speaks volumes for you as a teacher, Nami!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award Nami-san, it means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete