Japanese Language & Culture

Nami Ohara teaches Japanese language and culture to students in St. John's, NL and also around the world via Skype Lessons. This blog is designed to provide Japanese lessons, notes on Japanese culture and lots of other fun Japanese related stuff to enhance the learning experience of Japanese language students everywhere.
Japanese-na Nihongo (Facebook Group)

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Passwords for the Month of May 

The Passwords for the Month of May  今月の合言葉

I require that my students use passwords when they contact me through the intercom before taking their lessons. I started this activity after I moved to a new place in February. It sounds fun, right?

In March, I used “Open Sesame 開け胡麻 Hirake goma”as a well-known password. It is from the adventure tale of “Ali Baba and the Forty Thievesアリババと40人の盗賊 Alibaba to yonjuu-nin no touzoku.

In April, I chose “Spring Has Come春が来た Haru ga kita.” I picked this phrase from a children’s song “Spring Has Come.”

Then, this month’s password is “May 5th is Children’s Day 五月五日はこどもの日ですGogatsu itsuka wa kodomo no hi desu.”

Do you have any good ideas for June’s password? June is a rainy season 梅雨 in Japan, so I have been thinking of password which should be related to rain. ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment